Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing assembly doesn't upload the color appearance

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
FilipeMais
420 Views, 5 Replies

Drawing assembly doesn't upload the color appearance

Hi everyone,

I am creating assemblies and coloring the parts to turn easy the work for my colleagues that will assemble the parts.

Sometimes, during the process, I need to change the colors to keep the best contrasts, but in the drawing it doesn't update the last color i choosed. Examples in the bottom and example files attached.

What it is failing?

1st color in the assembly1st color in the assembly

Drawing of the assemblyDrawing of the assembly2nd color doesn't update in the Drawing2nd color doesn't update in the Drawing

Screenshot 2024-02-15 165412_3.png

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Gabriel_Watson
in reply to: FilipeMais

Check (right-click Edit view) if your view has the same model state and design view selected as the model where you changed colors. If so, right-click the drawing view (in the browser or paper) and pick "Apply Design View".

Message 3 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! This could be a bug or a limitation. It depends on where the appearance override was applied. Please share the files here. I would like to understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 6
FilipeMais

I created example parts to turn it easy to understand. You can find it in the zip file attached.

As explained before, I have the interest to change the color in the assembly (iam file) and the color updates automatically in the assembly drawing (idw file) but it doesn't do it.

Thanks for your care.

Message 5 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi Filipe,

Many thanks for sharing the files! I took a quick look. I think I know where the problem is. The appearance overrides were applied to the parts at the assembly level. They are saved in the Default Design View Rep in the assembly. To ensure the appearances show up in the drawing, the drawing view needs to be associated with the Design View.

Edit the drawing view -> click on the Associative box next to Design View dropdown menu. The appearances will come up.

I guess you created the drawing view without the Associative box checked first. And then the appearance were applied to the parts afterwards.

Thanks again!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 6
FilipeMais

Thanks  Gabriel_Watson and Johnson Shiue for your replies.  🙂

Johnson Shiue, it is exactly that!!!  😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report