Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Down reving RFA files Created in Inventor 16

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
223 Views, 5 Replies

Down reving RFA files Created in Inventor 16

Hello,

I am very new to the cad word and what I am trying to do is quit a bit above my current knowledge base so please be patient.

I have an engineer that is trying to model a mechanical chill water room for me in Revit 15. His problem is that he can't draw things to my specs, i.e. long radius butt weld fitting and more. I am running inventor 16 and can model what I need, and send him RFA files but he is saying that it is not compatible with Revit 15. There are a couple of pieces of geometry that seem to not be compatible with Revit, like hole patterns and champers but I don't think this is causing the problem. Is this a problem that can be gotten around or am I out of luck.  I have never even seen Revit in person and know even less about it than inventor.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

I think you will need to export to DWG or IFC... 

Many CAD programs are not backwards compatible..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

I thank you for the reply. It seems that the Revit user will just have to figure it out on his own. I am almost certain that there is a way to draw or down load these files in Revit, but was hopping to save some time.

Thank you
Message 4 of 6
DarrenP

the revit user will need to be on at least revit 2016 for the rfa format to work

have you tried using the adsk format?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

no sir I have not

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I will have to do some studying on this and see what I can figure out.

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report