Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double click to edit

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Mgła3
456 Views, 6 Replies

Double click to edit

Is there a double click to edit option? I just want to double click and bring up all the feature dimensions, I also want it to highlight the feature in the feature tree so I can find it. Again, all the things I'm used to Solidworks doing. It seems to be going from greed to blue surface and selecting the adjacent tangent surfaces, but I don't see when that would ever be relevant. Typing double click in search doesn't seem to give me any access to a setting that would change the double click action either. Opening application options doesn't help since it doesn't have a search field either, and I haven't found it there.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
A.Acheson
in reply to: Mgła3

Hi @Mgła3 

I am assuming your in a part. Only the parameter window will have the feature dimensions. Not available by double click. You can right click edit to start editing and adjusting the feature. There is no setting f9r double click to my knowledge.

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan
Message 3 of 7
Mgła3

Yes, I'm in a part, but actually even in an assembly I'm use to double clicking anything and being able to see and change the feature values. Here's an assembly example of the dimensions of a cut that made the surface I clicked. Why make it difficult and have to open sketches, when you could instantly change anything from anywhere!

dlust8VW8W_0-1705719225668.png

Message 4 of 7
A.Acheson

Yes I agree it would be a logical workflow to have the options. It really is only about sequencing a bunch of button commands together. I guess it comes down to an older UI. There is a idea station here for these kind of improvements. Have a poke around there and if it's not there allready add it in. I would vote it up. I can allready sense my arm in pain navigating into the part through multiple dialogues to get to parameter window or to a sketch the time evaporates also. 

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan
Message 5 of 7
SBix26

It doesn't get everything you want, but if you right click on any feature in the feature tree and select Show Dimensions, you have immediate access to all the sketch dimensions and feature dimensions that created that feature.  When finished editing, click Update to make it happen.

SBix26_1-1705883898585.png

To find out what the feature is, select a face, then hover your cursor over the Edit Feature icon in the context toolbar.  The tooltip indicates what kind of feature you would be editing, but it also highlights the specific feature in the model browser.  Unfortunately, it does not scroll the browser; if your feature is not visible you'll have to scroll to find it.

SBix26_0-1705883713804.png

Sam B

Inventor Pro 2024.2 | Windows 11 Home 22H2
autodesk-expert-elite-member-logo-1line-rgb-black.png

Message 6 of 7
johnsonshiue

Hi! I believe you are talking about double-clicking on geometry in the graphic window to edit the feature, right? If yes, it is already available. You need to change the Select Filter. The default is Face and Edge Select. Change it to Feature Select. You will be able to select the geometry as the feature and double-click to edit. Otherwise, double-clicking on the feature node in the browser to edit.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 7
Mgła3
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thank you. 

The full answer is to Shift+Right Mouse Click, change to Feature Priority, and then double click on a feature will bring up all the dimensions and dialog box as expected.

Appreciate it!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report