Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Docked Panel Showing File Properties

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
JanekPop
1190 Views, 7 Replies

Docked Panel Showing File Properties

Does anyone know if there is a way to produce a panel of file iProperties including read-only and user custom properties that could be part of the User Interface, rather like an equivalent of SolidWorks' Property Tab Builder?

Right now I have to summon the iProperties box with the General, Summary, Project, Status, Custom tabe etc.  Most of these tabs contain irrevelant information for us.  I would like to see one panel containing selected properties, that you could dock/float/turn off/on.  [Unless it exists and I haven't found it.]

Thanks,

Janek

Inventor 2017

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: JanekPop

Yes its possible..

No its not possible "out of the box" (today) without developing an addin or ilogic.. aka custom programming or using an existing solution that does that. 

http://c3mcad.com/ProductPages/MiscTools/ProductiPropWiz7.aspx

https://apps.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/en/List/Search?isAppSearch=True&searchboxstore=INVNTOR&facet=&coll...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 8
JanekPop
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thanks Mcgyvr for your prompt reply and links.

I will investigate.

Janek

Message 4 of 8
Cadmanto

@JanekPop 

Sounds like what you might want to explore is the iLogic Browser.  I use this in all of my templates.

properties.png

Above will give you this if you doc it in the browser.

properties1.png

Once created, it will look something like this.

properties2.png

EE LOGO.png
Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2021

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 8
JanekPop
in reply to: Cadmanto

Thanks Cadmanto, will investigate this as well.

Regards,

Janek

Message 6 of 8
JanekPop
in reply to: Cadmanto

Cadmanto, am I right in thinking you can't select to display the physical iProperties such as Mass, Surface Area in the iLogic Forms?

Janek

Message 7 of 8
Cadmanto

@JanekPop ,

Not sure about surface area, but I have an Ilogic routine that taps into the mass giving me the weight of my models in the title block.  Then I set up the triggers to launch it at stated times.

If you want this routine code, let me know.

EE LOGO.png
Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2021

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 8 of 8
JanekPop

@Cadmanto Just getting round to doing an iLogic Form for the above.  I find that if your [Title Block] box is visible and you click on another file, the box does not update with the properties of the now active file.  Also, if you are in an assembly model file and you click on individual parts or components the box does not update either.  Is this the intended behaviour?

Thank you,

Janek

Inventor 2020

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report