Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display option: thread feature - off by default in Inventor 2015

38 REPLIES 38
SOLVED
Message 1 of 39
mrattray
18112 Views, 38 Replies

Display option: thread feature - off by default in Inventor 2015

I've started playing around in the trial version of 2015 while I wait for my SN. I've discovered that for some reason, in the drawing environment, all views come in by default with the display option "Thread Feature" turned off. This is different from previous releases and is EXTREMELY annoying. There are times when I don't want to show threads, but that is not common.

Capture.JPG

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

38 REPLIES 38
Message 21 of 39
Anonymous
in reply to: dan_inv09

Chris

I'm not very good with binary numbers. hence I need your help.

I want the thread feature ON for both BaseViewDefAssy and BaseViewDefPres.Could you please let me know the codes.

Cheers, Roy

Message 22 of 39
Anonymous
in reply to: mrattray

Ok...We have 2015 deployed already...How do I get this registry change out to 80 plus users?...I certainly dont want everyone mucking around in thier registry, and I dont want to spend a week going to everyones individual machine to do it...

Any ideas?

Message 23 of 39
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

What I did here was export the settings for this registry key on a machine that was set correctly, then add to the other machines.
Message 24 of 39
Anonymous

I hope this will not effect 2016!!!!
This is really annoying and we should not have to deal!!!
Message 25 of 39
Anonymous
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

This is what I need to do, however I have no idea what to do with this!

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\Regi​stryVersion19.0\Applets\DrawingLayout\Preferences\​DrawingFormat]
"BaseViewDefPart"=dword:01111501

I don't understand where this needs to go/ how I access it 😞

I'm very new to this!

Message 26 of 39
Anonymous

You need to edit the Window registry.

Make sure you back it up before you make any changes.

Message 27 of 39
Anonymous

Got it thank you, I've set it for BaseViewDefPart, however also want to set it for BaseViewDefAssy, what do I need to enter for this?

Message 28 of 39

Hi Chris,

Can you please help me? I need to enable Thread feature by default. Unfortunately, I can not find this registry key in version 2016 and the I 2018, it has completely different value (annex). I also do not know what values to be in the registers.

I would like to set it up for versions 2016, 2017 and 2018. Can you please give me some advice?

Thank You

Milan

Message 29 of 39
WJPNL5QM
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

how do do this in 2018 version?

thanks

Message 30 of 39
hermitch
in reply to: WJPNL5QM

Look at above screenshots:
Registry-Version 22 = Inventor 2018

Message 31 of 39

Hi @ChrisMitchell01

I'm using inventor 2020, I found the registry editor but there is no BaseViewDefPART. I'll include a screenshot of the options. I also can't choose for version19. I can only choos version22, version24.0 or version24.4. Can you tell me wich one I need?

Hopefully you can help me.

Kind regards

Emma

emmalievensNFHE4_0-1629798293038.png

Message 32 of 39
johnsonshiue

Hi Emma,

Version24 registry is for Inventor 2020. Version24.4 is for 2020.4 specifically. The "BaseViewDefPART" you would like to change should be under Version24.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 33 of 39
MatsNorway1

I have to reask in this thread because now it has chanced in name it seems. Or is it just based upon the file you insert? so thread visibility will now be possible to preset by iam,ipn, ipt etc.

MatsNorway1_0-1631099177580.png

‌:nauseated_face: ‌:face_with_medical_mask: Fusion 360
Message 34 of 39

@johnsonshiue I've searched in version 24 but the viewdefpart isn't there. Is it possible that it is been renamed or something?

Kind regards

Emma

Message 35 of 39

Hi Emma,

It seems to be there.

Regedit.png

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 36 of 39
MatsNorway1

And, what do i write to fix it? Should this not be a setting inside inventor instead of some cryptic register edit?

MatsNorway1_0-1631533399496.png

Message 37 of 39
mcgyvr
in reply to: MatsNorway1

@MatsNorway1 

You don't need to go into the registry at all..

Here is a comment from Chris Mitchell earlier in the post.. Seems some people have skipped over reading that..

"Setting this through a registry setting is only really necessary now, if you want to roll this out as part of a larger scale deployment. If you just want to set this to be your default on your own machine, you can create a drawing & when placing a view you can go to the Display Options tab & check the box that says Thread Feature & then it will be remembered going forward."

Basically go create a new drawing.. when creating your base view make sure that "Thread Feature" box is checked.. Then save the drawing.. Now anytime you create a drawing going forward it will be selected. Those settings are "persistent" now in that once set they will remain set until you unset them. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 38 of 39
MatsNorway1

That is not really a solution but a hotfix. I need that setting to be default in template for instance. And assuming its possible by editing the registery i will do that if someone comes with the  binary code.

www.cadforum.cz/en/preset-displaying-of-thread-features-in-inventor-2015-drawing-tip9937

Me not being native english speaker nor savy with registry edits struggled a bit with it. BUT! the solution was at the very bottom. You can also customize your template file to preset the features. Open the template "standard.idw", place a view and change the settings while placing or afterwards. Then delete the view and save the template to make this settings persistent.

So the same as you quoted but in template.

Message 39 of 39

I can't believe that this is still a problem almost 10 years later. The number of values for this parameter is different now. Which value corresponds with Thread Feature?

cstarker6VCG4_0-1695318138095.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report