Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimensions with offset wrong in 2D sketch

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1633 Views, 5 Replies

Dimensions with offset wrong in 2D sketch

Hi everyone!

I am running Inventor 2018 and almost everytime I do an offset or create a dimension with an offset that has no dimensions (as much as I can remember, it has always been with offset) in a 2D sketch, the dimension that shows up is not what it should be...

By example, I enter ",25", the dimension that shows up would be 0,229''. Then I would open up the dimension to edit it and it shows ",25" exactly. I write it again and the dimension is now normal.

This is pretty annoying since I've always write the dimension correct and I am always stressed of doing a part with wrong dimensions.

Thank you in advance for your help!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone!

I am running Inventor 2018 ...

What version of 2018?

Is this version 2018.2 that is exhibiting this behavior?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi Samuel,

I think this has been discussed before. I vaguely remember there was a thread about this. It has something to do with snap spacing. Could you go to Tools -> Document Setting -> Sketch -> change the X and Y snap spacing to very small? Does it help?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 6
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi @Anonymous,

As mentioned by johnsonshiue, this often happens when the snap to grid setting is on. You might just want to turn the snap behavior off, in order to fix this for your needs. 

You can do so with this button:

snap2.PNG

related link:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/offset-bug-in-inventor-2017/m-p/6397367/highlight/true#M601358

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

I'm not sure because my school installed it for me, but when I go in the settings of my computer it tells me "22.0.11200.0000".

Is this the correct number?

Message 6 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! The build looks like 2018 RTM without any update. The latest update 2018.2 should be build 227, not 112.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report