Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimensioned Profiles For Stonework Mouldings

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Lewis.Young
411 Views, 4 Replies

Dimensioned Profiles For Stonework Mouldings

Hi All,

I'm looking at doing some work for a friend of mine who's a stone mason. He want's me to be able to provide renders of certain features so that he can show customers the different options.

One thing i want to do is create some standard mould profiles so that i can sweep them. (see profiles below)

Image result for ogee molding profile dimensions

However, i'm finding it quite hard to find any dimensioned profiles online. Has anybody had experience with this before or can offer additional advice/info on this?

Thanks

Lewis Young
Windows 7 x64 - 32GB Ram
Intel Xeon E5-1620 v2 @ 3.70GHz
nVidia Quadro M2000 - 4GB
Inventor Professional 2017.3
Vault Basic 2017

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: Lewis.Young

That is because most contractors just want the overall's

Truthfully, take a sketch pad and pencil to Home Depot and measure what you need.  Or purchase a 2" long section of each to bring home and do the same.  That is what I would do.

Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2018

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 5
pball
in reply to: Lewis.Young

If this is just for visuals and those profiles are the ones you want. It should be easy to add that picture to a sketch and trace the profiles. There is at least one handy guide on using images as sketch references around the forum.

Message 4 of 5

Those images might be all  you need.

I would

place an image of one of the profiles on a sketch.  Sketch a line over a known distance on the image.

Enter the known dimension for the line - the image will resize to 1:1 scale.

Start a new sketch and trace over the image. I would turn the new sketch into a Sketch Block.

Repeat for each image profile.

Once done I would delete the image sketches.

To get really sophisticated - put these profiles into Content Center for Frame Generator.

Message 5 of 5

Thanks for the responses guys, much appreciated! Putting the image into a sketch didn't cross my mind for some reason Smiley LOL Think that's probably the way forward

Lewis Young
Windows 7 x64 - 32GB Ram
Intel Xeon E5-1620 v2 @ 3.70GHz
nVidia Quadro M2000 - 4GB
Inventor Professional 2017.3
Vault Basic 2017

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report