Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension problems exporting Inventor.dwg to Autocad.dwg

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
sniswongerC6GUL
776 Views, 4 Replies

Dimension problems exporting Inventor.dwg to Autocad.dwg

DIMS.PNG

When exporting Inventor.dwg to Autocad.dwg I have some dimensions that come in odd.  The lower dimension should look like the upper dimension.  It looks good in Inventor but changes as noted when exported to Autocad.  The odd dimension won't update.  I have to redimension to get it to match the dim style.  Any solutions?

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: sniswongerC6GUL

Understand that while AutoCAD and Inventor are both produced by Autodesk, they are completely different programs.  With that said, I an thinking the settings with in AutoCAD are not lining up with the settings within Inventor.  Same applies for linetypes, styles etc.

Also, are you using Mechanical or regular AutoCAD?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

I double checked my dimension settings in Inventor.  I had the arrowheads set to go between the lines.  I changed the setting to put the arrowheads outside the lines and it converted cleanly in Autocad.  The only problem is that it put the arrowheads outside on all dimensions no matter how large for small.  In Autocad there is a setting to put them inside or outside to the best fit.  Inventor doesn’t give that option.   I may have to create a dimension style for each type of dimension.  That can be done but is an inconvenience.

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

I just noticed that if you right click on the dimension in Inventor there is an option to move the arrowheads inside.  It seems this will solve my problem.

Message 5 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, that is an option.  You can also set a dimension style in the styles then make that your default and just change all dimensions to that style and they will all appear that way.  Instead of RCing on each of them.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report