Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension line break around feature

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sschulteH6WZ3
315 Views, 2 Replies

Dimension line break around feature

Hello all, is there a way in Inventor to break a dimension line around a feature to reduce confusion? I prefer to keep arrows and such off the image if there is a way to make the break. Otherwise I will manipulate it manually in ACAD. See picture.

sschulteH6WZ3_0-1618494094848.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kent_wold
in reply to: sschulteH6WZ3

I am not sure if you can get Inventor to 'break' the dim line automatically though I hope there is as I have times I could use that too.

However you can do that manually for sure right in the idw by using sketch and placing an extension line from the feature you are dimensioning. Looks like it and the notch above are same dim so a short line that is visible and on the same layer as your dim line would work then pick the corner of the above notch? Any sketch placed on the view will also update with changes in view scale etc it would be better than doing to a static non-updating drawing in ACAD in my opinion.

OR I have used a detail of that part of the view to show that specific dim when it was vital as well. 

Message 3 of 3

Hi! Another option is to hide the extension line. But, it would probably be even more confusing.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report