Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dim Errors in Inventor 2017?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
The_Angry_Elf
305 Views, 7 Replies

Dim Errors in Inventor 2017?

I ran across this just now and wondered what the heck could be going on.

I inquired to my guys about this and they said basically "Yeah, we've seen that before, we just over ride the dimension".

Notice the two different dimensions.

This is of the exact same assembly file, but done on two different drawings (same drawing template).

No settings have been changed.

Also let me add all updates are current.

DimError-01.PNGDimError-02.PNG

Cheers,

Jim O'Flaherty
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Owner - Celtic Design Services, LLC - cdscad.com - An Autodesk Service Partner
We are available for hire. Please DM me or visit our website
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional * Autodesk Certified Instructor * Autodesk Expert Elite * AU Speaker 2015 through 2022 * AU Speaker Mentor
"Mr. O'Flaherty, never go into small computers. There's no future in them" - Dr. C.S. Choi circa 1984
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: The_Angry_Elf

Probably the "projected" vs "true" dimension settings..

Right click on a view and go to.."general dimension type" flyout and see if that fixes it..

The view could also be slightly off axis too

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 8

@The_Angry_Elf

To me it sounds like one template has it set to 1/16 and the other as 1/4 under dimensional styles

2-7-2017 2-35-51 PM.jpg

But only assuming at this point and that I would assume you had already check that...  Smiley Wink

Also the end points of the dimension are the same?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

^^ yep.. or that.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 8

Thats' the first thing I checked. The ones you see in the pics are of the same template, same view and same model.

Everything I can think of checking has been checked, seems to be more random than anything hard to point to.

I'll keep looking into this, I'm sure it's some silly setting.

Cheers,

Jim O'Flaherty
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional * Autodesk Certified Instructor * Autodesk Expert Elite * AU Speaker 2015 through 2022 * AU Speaker Mentor
"Mr. O'Flaherty, never go into small computers. There's no future in them" - Dr. C.S. Choi circa 1984
Message 6 of 8

@The_Angry_Elf

I will also assume since you blurred out some of the drawing view..  You're unable to share the information, correct?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 8

I "think" I may have found the issue.

It seems it might be a constraining issue. In short, there's a "washer" assembly holding down the angled item on the top.

One of those washers was .009" below the surface of where it should be. The item on top is the one thing that changes (thickness) and thus if the user constrains that item to the offending washer (in this case 1 out of 12 to choose from), that seems to be the difference maker here.

Still need to verify this thought on a few other older jobs that used this same base assembly.

Cheers,

Jim O'Flaherty

EESignature

Message 8 of 8

Oh yeah....they didn't even want me posting that...lol

Cheers,

Jim O'Flaherty

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report