Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Templates/Styles Question

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
EagleBee93
198 Views, 3 Replies

Different Templates/Styles Question

how can I create two different drawing templates (either DWG’s or IDW’s) where the only difference is the dimension style.  I want one for fractional dimensions and one for decimal dimensions.  Currently, if I open a template in which I have saved the style as decimal, but the library style defaults to fractions, the template will load the library style dimensions and override what I actually want.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Frederick_Law
in reply to: EagleBee93

I setup both in Style.  Decimal is default.

I think you can setup 2 Object Defaults.  Pick the one when you need.

I try to keep only one template.

Message 3 of 4
blandb

Your object defaults dictate what are used by default. I'm thinking your could create another Drawing standard and have that drawing standard use a new object default that sets all your dims to be decimal. Then when you start your new drawing in the styles editor, just choose the standard you want to start with. This would not change anything after it is placed though. Alternatively you could just copy the template and create a new object default and change the object defaults for it, but I think you would also need to create a new standard for it as well. It has been a minute on that and I'd have to test it to make sure because if you change the default standard object defaults, I don't remember if that would also change it for the other template as well.

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 4 of 4
johnsonshiue

Hi! Each style has to be unique. In your case, you need to create a new dimension style for the fractional dimension. And save the style back to the library. As long as the styles in the library and the template are in sync, the library styles will not dictate the template styles.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report