Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Desktop build for Inventor 2021

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
536 Views, 1 Reply

Desktop build for Inventor 2021

I'm building a new Workstation for our engineering company. We are working with Inventor 20 at the moment, planning to switch to 21. We don't take any renders computer is %100 used for drawing large drawings(+50.000 parts)

I will be using Intel i5 9600K @4.8 GHz or maybe even @5 GHz as CPU

and having trouble with choosing GPU. 

We don't want any lagging while orbiting the object, zooming in and out, etc. 

from this video(@ Neil_Cross), I know that this type of performance is CPU related rather than GPU but and I need to pick GPU with the highest VRAM. 

So my question is that for the same money I can buy GTX 1060 6gb or Radeon 570 8gb. Since there is no direct comparison, I wanted to ask which one should I pick?

Or I can probably buy better GPU then these to if I buy i3 2350k and use it @5GHz

or i5 with locked multipliter @4.6GHz and non-overclocking motherboard which again would be cheaper. 

Tags (3)
Labels (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
leowarren34
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

If you're doing nothing else but Inventor then the RX 570 8GB should be plenty as the large drawings will need as much VRAM as they can get.

Don't sacrifice CPU Performance for the GPU - Autodesk Inventor is not GPU Accelerated - it only needs the VRAM from the GPU of which 8GB should be plenty.

If you're using this computer as a workstation then be careful about overclocking since it can increase system instability and decrease hardware lifespan - something to be aware of. Having a computer randomly crash is one of the worst things especially if you've increased the likelihood as the productivity gains through a higher CPU Clock speed will be more than quickly wiped out by lost work. Also, be aware that K Class Intel processors don't come with a CPU cooler so if you're overclocking make sure you get something beefy.

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report