Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design accelerator won't recognize certain holes.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
JBEDsol
489 Views, 12 Replies

Design accelerator won't recognize certain holes.

Sometimes I'll hover over a hole looking to setup a bolted connection and it won't recognize the hole.  I can't seem to find any rhyme or reason why this happens.  Every now and then I make a part, add holes, and when I bring it into a larger assy I can't use the design accelerator for bolts.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
anthonyzepeda1969
in reply to: JBEDsol

I posted the same question awhile back and never got an answer. It's weird sometimes it works and sometines it doesn't. 

Message 3 of 13
Gabriel_Watson

"the Bolted Connection generator is not able to identify holes in a Mirror feature. Workaround for this issue is to use 'Concentric' type of connection instead of 'By Hole' and select all cylindrical faces (diameter edges)."
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/cannot-select-the-hole-to-add-a-fastner/td-p/7841111

Message 4 of 13
anthonyzepeda1969

My case was not a mirrored feature. 

Message 5 of 13

Hi, is it possible to add the part example (and version in use) ?

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts! | Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button. | На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ"

Олександр Черніков / Alexander Chernikov

EESignature

Facebook | LinkedIn

Message 6 of 13

This was a long time ago I think a year ago. Don't even remember which
project it was lol.
I've moved on since.
Message 7 of 13
LT.Rusty
in reply to: Gabriel_Watson

@Gabriel_Watson wrote:

"the Bolted Connection generator is not able to identify holes in a Mirror feature. Workaround for this issue is to use 'Concentric' type of connection instead of 'By Hole' and select all cylindrical faces (diameter edges)."
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/cannot-select-the-hole-to-add-a-fastner/td-p/7841111

Addendum to that- it's not just mirrors. It also won't identify holes in any kind of derived part, including places where a multi-solid was spun off into separate parts in an assembly. Same thing happens in the drawing environment, when you're trying to dimension your holes and threads.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 8 of 13
JDMather

@JBEDsol 

Attach file here that exhibits this issue.

Make up a dummy file if necessary.

1. Must be a Hole feature. (An extruded cut circle is not a Hole feature, although might be other ways to use that.)  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 9 of 13

FINALLY! That makes sense. So it has to be a hole feature created in Inventor?

I have tried to match to imported step files and I have no control how they were created. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't most of the time it does not.

Thank You for that answer. 

Message 10 of 13

@anthonyzepeda1969 

You can use Feature Recognition add-in to translate cylindrical cuts from STEP files into Hole features.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 11 of 13

Ahhhh didn't think about that. That's an Add0In feature though? 

Message 12 of 13

@anthonyzepeda1969 
Free to subscription license - from the Autodesk App Store.

Message 13 of 13

Thanks found it. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report