Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derive/Simplify error

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
308 Views, 2 Replies

Derive/Simplify error

I get " SEAT.ipt: Errors occurred during update The Boolean operation failed when joining with Zadel_Turbo.ipt:" when running the derive or simplify command on the attached file.
I'm unsure of whats causing this, although the derive and simplify have worked fine for me in the past.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
A.Acheson
in reply to: 243204

Please attach . ipt and.iam in a zipped folder. If possible please attach error images. 

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan
Message 3 of 3
Gabriel_Watson
in reply to: 243204

Make sure the assembly is active and press Ctrl+F7 and you will see a diagnostics showing if something is wrong with the geometry (make sure you have a C:\Temp folder if the pop-up never comes).

Trying a Manage (tab) > Rebuild All has a slim chance of helping too, if you try again after that.

Also try to select the bodies in a different order to see if that helps.

"That can happen if you have surfaces that are nearly coincident, or where one surface intersects almost but not quite at an edge of the other surface. If you can post the part, I can have someone look at it to see if they can narrow down the problem."
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/error-while-deriving-assembly/td-p/2491383

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report