Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decals update and matching color

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Christian_1976
1090 Views, 3 Replies

Decals update and matching color

Good morning 🙂

I'm dealing with decals and i have a couple of things that i in my opinion I'm doing wrong, so I want tot ask for advise:

a) suppose that i applied a simple sticker and i want to change the color of the sticker
i'm using inkscape to do my stickers, so, i change the color and I export it in png again.
Seems that clicking the "update" option in the sketch that contains the image doesn't reload the image; nothing changes.
I have to delete the image and reinsert it again; do this means re-apply all the contraints etc...

b) matching colors
I'm using a RAL table in my aspects, (downloaded from i don't remember where). However, in "aspects" i can see the RGB value of the color, so i use those values to paint my sticker, but when i apply it, doesn't seems so equal. In rendering view the difference is quite evident.
Any idea about what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Xun.Zhang
in reply to: Christian_1976

Hello,

Regard to NO.a, You have to check ON link button to enable the associations, then you can click update once source file update.

11.png

12.png

@Christian_1976 wrote:

a) suppose that i applied a simple sticker and i want to change the color of the sticker
i'm using inkscape to do my stickers, so, i change the color and I export it in png again.
Seems that clicking the "update" option in the sketch that contains the image doesn't reload the image; nothing changes.
I have to delete the image and reinsert it again; do this means re-apply all the contraints etc...

Hope it helps!

Xun
Message 3 of 4
Xun.Zhang
in reply to: Christian_1976

Hello Christian again,

For the NO.b, Are you talking about painting in inkscape? If so, you might need a more powerful tool to do so with RAL direactly such as Adobe illustrator, Photoshop, etc.

Hope it helps!

Xun
Message 4 of 4
Christian_1976
in reply to: Xun.Zhang

Thank you!

The only bad side is that now i have to reassign all my decals 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report