Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

De Migrate my Inventor Files

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
319 Views, 5 Replies

De Migrate my Inventor Files

Hi Friends,

I'm using AutoDesk Inventor 2016 in my Personal Laptop, But In my office they are using AutoDesk Inventor 2018. When I did something of my project with office PC, The files were migrated. I'm so confused to get the project back to my personal Pc. I Really need the files immediately, Now I can't able to get the files back to the inventor 2016. Now I want to de migrate the files.

Please Help me Friendzz Immediately..
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: Anonymous

You cannot go backwards.

The only way to open the 2018 part or assembly files in 2016 is to save as STEP (or some other neutral format) in 2018.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

There is no way to go back once the files are migrated.
You will have to go back to a backup of the files before they were migrated.
Message 4 of 6
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

When you say my project, does that mean these files that got migrated are a school project and the license you have on your personal laptop is educational (free for 3years)?  If so..  Having educational files located in your office or a commercial environment and also modified by commercial license may lead to your company being fined by Autodesk if they are audited.   Never mix educational files with a commercial environment..

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

Thanks for your Reply

But I want to know that is there any way to get the feature edit option on
my files after step or any other neutral file conversion.
Message 6 of 6
JDMather

https://apps.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/en/Detail/Index?id=9172877436288348979&appLang=en&os=Win32_64

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report