Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Standard and Replace Family Template Bug

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
josh_gudginG82RC
228 Views, 3 Replies

Data Standard and Replace Family Template Bug

Hi all, 

We have recently upgraded from 2022 to 2024 and I have implemented Vault Pro at the same time, previously we were on Basic 2022. Got everything working fine. We also use Custom Content Libraries which are managed by the vault. 

When upgrading to professional and 2024 I implemented the use of the "Data Standard", I have not played with the customisation of this, but just kind of let it do its stock thing, and it seems to work well, lets you select the automatic part numbers etc, not mandated any field or anything.

Today, one of my team realised one of our CC parts had the incorrect BOM units, not usually a big deal, I place from CC, modify as needed, and use the "Replace Family Template" function in CC Editor. 

However, I get an error "This part is not a valid template for the selected family".

After a few hours of messing about trying to figure out what had changed, through trail and error I found that going to Vault>>Data Standard>>Unload, and beginning the process all over again solved the problem.

Perhaps not so much of a bug, but it doesn't feel right that the data standard being loaded would be causing this much trouble. It is also not clear that this is what is causing the issue either. 

Hopefully this posts sheds some light if others have the same issue. 

Thanks, 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
manullo
in reply to: josh_gudginG82RC

I've got a same but different issue. I'm getting the same error message - but I'm not using the vault.

I'm currently trying to change one of my custom aluminium profile sections that I've created as a structural shape to use with the Inventor Frame Generator.

I'm using the same ipt file that I've used to create the structural shape, changed the sketch slightly, and when I try to "Replace Family Template" in the Content Center Editor I'm getting "This part is not a valid template for the selected family." as an error message. 

Did someone else come across this and knows a workaround that doesn't include abandoning the current families and republishing new ones? (I was hoping I can update some existing frames with corrected profile without rebuilding the whole frame.)

Message 3 of 4
josh_gudginG82RC
in reply to: manullo

Did you try hitting the unload button under data standard?, not sure if this is a vault only thing, may be worth a look.
Message 4 of 4
manullo
in reply to: josh_gudginG82RC

Thanks Josh, but it looks like this is a Vault thing only.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report