Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cut in assembly is not correct, Inventor 2017

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
S_May
659 Views, 3 Replies

cut in assembly is not correct, Inventor 2017

Hello together,

cut in assembly is not correct, someone knows the solution in inventor 2017?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: S_May

I'm going to assume that the problem is that some parts are not "participating in assembly and section views" so they aren't sectioning when you use that tool....is that correct?

If so go to the document settings for each part and see if this box is unchecked..

sectionview.PNG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: S_May

Hi Sascha,

Is the issue about only the grey cylindrical part being cut in section view? Did you turn off "Section All Parts" option in Tools -> Application -> Assembly?

When this option is turned off, only the section participating parts will be cut (Tools -> Document Settings -> Modeling -> Participate in Assembly and Drawing Sections).

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: johnsonshiue

@johnsonshiue wrote:

Hi Sascha,

Is the issue about only the grey cylindrical part being cut in section view? Did you turn off "Section All Parts" option in Tools -> Application -> Assembly?

When this option is turned off, only the section participating parts will be cut (Tools -> Document Settings -> Modeling -> Participate in Assembly and Drawing Sections).

Many thanks!

yes that application option is a good way to get them all to section if you have a bunch of parts whos document setting is off and you don't want to go in and change all of them..

Mine is off by default so that the part level setting dictates participation or not.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report