Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom view labels from same style standard

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Winks87
392 Views, 4 Replies

Custom view labels from same style standard

We use the same styles standard in all of our templates, so recently I had the brilliant idea of customizing the view labels for arrangement and detail drawings.  How would I save these (they are different) in the styles standard?  Would I have to create a new style for the detail drawings?  I had already looked at using iLogic for customizing my view labels (we use custom iProperties), but this overrides ALL view labels on the drawing.  I was really hoping to have 2 options for base view labels in the same standard.  Any ideas?

James Winkler
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: Winks87

You can't have 2 "view label" styles in the same standard..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 5
inchul.lee

Hi Winks87,

mcgyvr is correct.

View label style is assigned per standard and there can't be multiple different view label styles in one standard.

12295513_01.png

You can of course clone different standards and switch between them to create labels. But this opposes with the purpose of defining a standard.

Inchul Lee
Message 4 of 5
Winks87
in reply to: inchul.lee

Yes, I kind of figured that out, was hoping someone had a "magic button"....  Ok, I have a workaround, different standard in a different template....Basically the same standard just setting a different parts list active...

James Winkler
Message 5 of 5
jtylerbc

We handle this at my company by having multiple Standards.  The Standards use the same Styles, so the only difference between them is the view label settings.

Ours coexist in the same template.  This allows us to switch back and forth to accommodate drawings that use a mix of the label types.  For us, generally that occurs on simple weldments that are small enough to let the weldment assembly views and the plate details fit on the same drawing sheet.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report