Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Table row heights Title gap

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
blessing86
623 Views, 10 Replies

Custom Table row heights Title gap

Ok so i know I use the heading gap and row gap in the STYLE to adjust the gaps for the headers and rows, but how do I customize the gap for the title?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
johnsonshiue
in reply to: blessing86

Hi Christopher,

I recall you may have to drag it and snap it. Could you share an example here or send it to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com? I can take a look to see how to get it right.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 11
blessing86
in reply to: johnsonshiue

@johnsonshiue so if I understand you correctly (and I apologize if I misunderstood), you're talking about adjusting it once you place the table. What I'm trying to do is define the gap based on the style. I'm not seeing a setting for that. Currently we are not using Inventor Parts BOM. We are typing everything manually into predefined tables. I have spaced the gap for the headers and data rows at double because of some complaints on text crowding. I would like to increase the title row just a hair to get the lines a little further from the text, but I want this to be a default setting.

see attached image.

Message 4 of 11
mcgyvr

@blessing86 wrote:

Ok so i know I use the heading gap and row gap in the STYLE to adjust the gaps for the headers and rows, but how do I customize the gap for the title?

You don't.. It's not exposed to the styles/user customizable. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 11
blessing86
in reply to: mcgyvr

@mcgyvr if that's true... that's lame... thanks for the input.

Message 6 of 11
mcgyvr

@blessing86 wrote:

@mcgyvr if that's true... that's lame... thanks for the input.

@blessing86  Actually I was incorrect..

Its not exposed in Inventor style editor but you can edit the partslist.xml file and change "title gap" value.

I think you need to restart Inventor after making the change for it to take effect..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 7 of 11
blessing86

@mcgyvr I'll give it a try. Where would one find such a file?

Message 8 of 11
mcgyvr

@blessing86 wrote:

@mcgyvr I'll give it a try. Where would one find such a file?

@blessing86  Find the location of your "Style Library" folder (see project file or application options) and you will see a bunch of xml files in that folder.. one is partslist.xml.. edit that with a text editor (I like notepad++)

Message 9 of 11
blessing86

@mcgyvr I appreciate your help, but I can't get it to work. I'm going to leave it as it is, push this version to my designers, and try again another day... running short on time lol... projects keep getting in the way of my fun!

Message 10 of 11
mcgyvr

@blessing86  Attach your partslist.xml file from the active style library and tell me the exact parts list style name you are trying to change and the desired title row height.

I can change it for you and send it right back..

Message 11 of 11
blessing86

OK so it's actually a general table that I pre-defined and not parts list, but I looked and figured it worked the same way. One of the issues is that I am not seeing my specified tables in that list. I'm only seeing the default ones.

My Inventor App Options is set up to find the design data here: %PUBLICDOCUMENTS%\Autodesk\Inventor %RELEASE%\Design Data\

so i pulled the table.xml file from here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2020\Design Data

attached is the file and an image of the table names that I am trying to set for.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report