Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom square flexible hose in tube and pipe

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
DougFerden
183 Views, 2 Replies

custom square flexible hose in tube and pipe

is it possible to develop a custom square hose in tube and pipe and how would one go about making it happen?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CGBenner
in reply to: DougFerden

@DougFerden 

I'm not sure if this has ever been tried, but it might be possible to "fool" Inventor enough for it to work.  You would definitely need an axis running through your base part.  Follow the steps in this document using your square model, making sure that all of the necessary parameters are there.  More interesting would be what type of fittings will you use on the ends?  I'll be very curious to see if this works....

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 3
DougFerden
in reply to: CGBenner

Chris, I will give it a try in the coming days. it is for an abrasion resistant sleeve we run hoses through in a bundle. I have a round version with but then the hoses fall out or all follow the center line and looks like a sad excuse of a modeling job. right now, it is just an extruded sleeve we use. we need it to become flexible as an assembly.

dferden_0-1674153599122.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report