Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Item Bubble Callouts

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jacob.dillingham
444 Views, 5 Replies

Custom Item Bubble Callouts

So I am trying to figure out how to get these custom item bubbles to populate as I need them to. See the attached image. I have the styles edited to where the necessary properties show up, however I can't seem to figure out a way to get them to show up in the right position. Any ideas?

Labels (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi Jacob,

You would like it to be right-justified, right? I am not sure there is an option to do that. Please feel free to share the files here. Forum experts can take a look and comment further. There might be a setting that I am not aware of.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 6

I would like each property to be located in different locations within the Item bubble symbol. hopefully this picture details specifically what I'm wanting to do. Whenever I change the style of the custom Item Bubble to add the property "ITEM NO." it just takes the 3 properties and shows them in a center aligned list as shown in the original photo attached to this forum post. I was wondering if there is any way to take allow me to place the properties I desire whether it be something like the part density, file name, item number, etc. and place them as I need within a custom created symbol. Currently all I can do is just place them as a list.

Message 4 of 6

Hi Jacob,

Unfortunately, there isn't a workflow to do that automatically. The custom balloons were designed to take a sketch symbol as a balloon and add the properties to the middle of the balloon.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 6

sounds about right. bare minimum of customizability. is there anyway to work around this by creating a custom symbol that is capable of pulling information off of the BOM of the drawing?

Message 6 of 6

Hi Jacob,

This is a limbo unfortunately. A sketch symbol can pull iProperties from the part it attaches to. But, item number is a property stored in the top-level assembly (BOM). I am sorry that there isn't a way to pull item number in a sketch symbol.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report