Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom iProperties "=<Mass>" formula convert to lbs.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
brent_e_barbour
1063 Views, 3 Replies

Custom iProperties "=<Mass>" formula convert to lbs.

I creates a custom iProperty parameter called MassProp.  The value is the formula "=<Mass>."  However, I notice the value is calculated in kilograms even though the Document Setting Units are in lbmass.  How do I make it calculate in lbs.?  I tried "=<Mass>*2.20462" and that didn't work.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi Brent,

Indeed, "<Mass>" returns mass in gram, as opposed to document unit. To convert the unit, you will need to use an iLogic rule. Or, you can do the unit conversion automatically on the PartsList in the drawing.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4

I've only dabbled in iLogic.  I found some basic tutorials online that I tried quite a while ago, but I've never been able to put it to any practical use.  To say my knowledge of iLogic is basic would be an overstatement.  If anyone can write such a function that johnsonshiue suggests or guide me through it, I'd be eternally grateful.  Ultimately, this will be in the Vault Items BOM table.  Thanks!

Message 4 of 4

Hi Brent,

It is not that hard. I probably know iLogic a tip bit more than you. Here is the simple rule to make it happen. "MyMass" is the custom iProperty for mass. The mass value obtained this way is based on Doc Unit.

You can either make it an external rule and reference it, or add this rule to the ipt/iam file.

iProperties.Value("Custom", "MyMass")=iProperties.Mass

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report