Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Content Centre & Export Parameter Checkbox

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
KevinGreenhouse
278 Views, 4 Replies

Custom Content Centre & Export Parameter Checkbox

Hi All,

I have for a long period of time been using my own "copied" versions of certain fixings & structural shapes.

The reason for using a copied family was we wanted different shorter to the point descriptions.

I'm now overhauling the system and I'd like to show something like the below in the description box..

=FABRICATION: <G_H> x <G_W> PFC - <B_L> Long  (It should read in the iProperties description = FABRICATION: 100 x 50 PFC - 1500.000 mm Long)

What I need help with is how do I tick the Export Parameter Checkbox for the whole family through the editor panel to allow all content centre parts to display the <G_H> & <G_W> in the iproperties?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CGBenner
in reply to: KevinGreenhouse

@KevinGreenhouse 

Hi Kevin,

When you are setting up the column in your Content Center, you should be able to map the entire column to the iproperty you want to populate.  This is from an old post of mine but I don’t think the procedure has changed.  NOTE, in frame generator the Part Number in Content Center will not populate to the generated frame members.  Part Number, for Frame Gen, is hard coded.  It CAN be changed later in the BOM.  Description will populate however you want…. it’s only Part Number that gets tricky.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 5
KevinGreenhouse
in reply to: CGBenner

Hi @CGBenner ,

Thanks for the response, Its not 100% what I was after but it has shown me new ways to work around things and I have made it work....

Thanks,

Kevin

Message 4 of 5
CGBenner
in reply to: KevinGreenhouse

@KevinGreenhouse 

Great, I'm glad I could help.  If it's not exactly what you were after, is there something else I can help with?

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 5 of 5

Hi, 

in my opinion you should edit file ipt and check export parameter checkbox and next replace family template in CC Editor. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report