Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Content Center Content for Bolted Connection- Hammer Nuts

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Jallen_USBattery
171 Views, 2 Replies

Custom Content Center Content for Bolted Connection- Hammer Nuts

Hello All, 

I am just starting out with custom content center items so forgive me for any ignorance here.

I am also starting to use a locally hosted Vault Basic platform

My objective is to setup 2 different sizes (2020 & 3030 series extrusion) Hammer Nuts and each one has 4 sizes of thread (M3/4/5/6). Then I want to be able to select the correct series & size when I am in an Assembly and use the Bolted Connection accelerator. 

I've watched a few videos and perused the forum briefly but nothing seems to work quite right.

Where I am at:

I have an iPart/ModelState file for the 3030 item and I've attempted to Publish the item to the Content center but all of the Family Names & parameter tables has me a bit overwhelmed.

I figured I could just map the thread size and a custom iProperty for the Extrusion Series and be done but it doesn't appear that way... 

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Also, I am attaching the .ipt for the file if that would be helpful.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hello Jake,

your part is not iPart, it is just part with more model states. Unfortunately Content Center Publish does not support such model-states configuration part,  Content Centeter Publish process supports iPart only.

So to be able to publish, you need to convert all model states into iPart members and publish iPart.

FYI: Being able to use bolts / nuts in Bolted Connection, you need to authorize iPart before publish

janpriban_0-1680192964131.png

Regards

Jan Priban

Message 3 of 3
CGBenner
in reply to: Jallen_USBattery

@Jallen_USBattery 

Take a look at this class from Autodesk University 2019 on Authoring & Publishing custom content.  Hopefully, it helps.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report