Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Background Images

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
TBuccieri
1654 Views, 4 Replies

Custom Background Images

I'm having some issues with making a custom background image. Making the image and linking it is no issue. My problem is with resolution (size) of the image. Inventor runs on a 24" widescreen monitor set to 1920x1080. No matter what size I make my background, it never "fits" the Inventor screen. Inventor always zooms in on the image, even their stock backgrounds. The stock ones in my file folder range from 256x256 to 3840x2160 and all of them get zoomed in on, even when I hit Clean Screen.

My custom background needs to have the company logo, in one of the corners, and Inventor is making this a pain in the A. It's not just the logo either, but the actual background looks off if you can't see the whole thing. Yes, I've thought about making a grid pattern and seeing what grids Inventor is actually showing. Then, put mu image within this grid boundary, w/o changing the overall size of the canvas. However, this sounds ridiculous and I do not favor work arounds.

Does anyone know how to get the whole image to properly be displayed w/in the Inventor limits??

Win7 x64

Inv 2016

Thanks in advance

-Tom

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi TBuccieri,

I've never had much luck with this. The background gets "pushed" around when the browser is resized, or re-positioned , or when you add another panel such as the ilogic panel, or when you remove one,etc.

I don't have a solution for you on this, but I can confirm what you are seeing.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 5

The dimensions for 2019 are 1676x740 roughly.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Carlos.cuartas144

thanks bud!

Message 5 of 5
Carlos.cuartas144
in reply to: Anonymous

So I actually found out that I was previously wrong. If it worked for you then we probably have similar monitors. What I did to get the correct size was downloading a pixel counter software and measured from the top left of the background to the bottom right.

Example of where to take measurementsExample of where to take measurements

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report