Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom and standard parts iproperties

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
k.grigoriou
331 Views, 5 Replies

Custom and standard parts iproperties

Hi everyone

I have one big headache I have create one custom library in inventor . with a lot of custom iproperties

which are creating me a problem, when I want to change one part from standard to custom  I don't want the custom part to have all the custom iproperties . i that possible?

thanks for your time

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
A.Acheson
in reply to: k.grigoriou

Hi @k.grigoriou 

With the information you have provided this isn't possible I think. Custom or Standard is starting from the same part. 

If you only want to maintain one family and are willing to use ilogic rule or /vba Macro you could achieve this. You would need to remove custom iproperties or at least the export of them from the table then have the ilogic code Create them as needed then from an assembly/part by looking back into the family table and searching the cells for the values you need . 

Another method which I haven't tried purely theoretical is to have an ilogic rule within the part document that would just delete the custom iproperties on New document event after first detecting it is a standard part and not a custom one.

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan
Message 3 of 6
k.grigoriou
in reply to: A.Acheson

i will try to find a solution with ilogic . i never use it until now.

Message 4 of 6
pcrawley
in reply to: k.grigoriou

Could your iLogic create the iProperties for you?

If you place all parts without iProps - then run the code on the parts that need iProps.  This way, the code is very "simple":

iProperties.Value("Custom", "PropertyName") = "Some property value"

Peter
Message 5 of 6
k.grigoriou
in reply to: pcrawley

@pcrawley 

hi thanks for your replay 

I'm trying to understand what this ilogi is doing but i cant see how this code can identify if the part is as custom or if it is as standard and after to assign the custom iproperty if the part is as custom

Message 6 of 6
k.grigoriou
in reply to: pcrawley

i just found this topic

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/content-center-custom-iproperty-different-if-cc-compon...

and i change a little bit the coding and now is working

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report