Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curled corner, unfoldable sink

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
335 Views, 4 Replies

Curled corner, unfoldable sink

I'm currently working on making a flat pattern of this sink that i want to produce. i know inventor cannot unfold double bended steel, but i know its possible. But i really want to know if theres an "easy" solution.

Hope you guys can help me.

measurements are 600x400x150mm and the radius of the corner is 38,5mm (reason being its the only radius i have tools available for).

side.PNGtop.PNGfull sink.PNG

Now i know the corner is supposed to look something like this ( measurements purely fictional here)

unfold.PNG

Hope you can help

-  Gus

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: Anonymous

Attach *.ipt attempt here.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

Its not a real attempt, i got a paper guide so i can make it by hand, i think its something to do with the radius being like unlimited amount of radius' on the flat pattern.

I can make it by hand but if i want to make it into a flat pattern, i wish there was a better way to do it, so i could cut it on a plasma cutter. Instead of making one that gets close to being perfect.

Thanks again, tell if ypu need more info.

- Gus

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

If it helps in any way, i made this model of the sink with the cut sides where i would like them to be cut roughly.

- Gus

really need this model.

hope you can help

Message 5 of 5
johnsonshiue

Hi! Inventor cannot flatten the sheet metal part as is. There are a few choices.

1. You could recreate the part using multi-edge flange workflow. But, the corner would be flat, not cylindrical.

2. Follow the instructional video in the link. https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/unfold-complex-surface/m-p/7249578#M652238

3. Sign up Inventor Beta program (https://bit.ly/InventorBeta) and try Unwrap.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report