Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Modular Geometry

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
513 Views, 5 Replies

Creating Modular Geometry

I hope I'm posting this in the right spot.. 

I'm looking to create a general template for a basic part with a variety of known designs on it's face. I'm currently using a Form to control the part's Height & Width, but i'm running into a wall trying to figure out how to give users options between the different designs, and then how to get these designs accurately & constrained correctly into the model.

Thanks for any & all help! Even a starting point would be helpful at this point.

- Carson 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Sounds like iFeatures, iParts, iLogic , and maybe iAssemblies.

Can you post a sample image that illustrates the Design Intent?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 6
Cadmanto

My thoughts are this seems a bit vague.  Not much detail.

But, with that said, I agree with @JDMather in that sounds like you might want to explore the iParts, iAssemblies and maybe iFeatures.  In addition to that, you might want to thin about the possibility of creating templates for each instance with embedded instruction notes explaining the purpose of each and how to use it.

EE LOGO.png
Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2021

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Photo should be below:

Corner Conditions.JPG

Basically, depending on user input -  put these (or scale them from existing geometry?) I need to put one or multiple of these into a sketch on the part face.

I know some of the issues i'm running into is my still growing grasp on Inventor & Ilogic. I recently installed Visual Studio to follow the guide in the "Inventor Customization" section of the Autodesk Community Forums

Message 5 of 6
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

Basically, depending on user input -  put these (or scale them from existing geometry?) I need to put one or multiple of these into a sketch on the part face.

Now from that image I am thinking you simply need to investigate Sketch Blocks.

See how each bit of information better defines the true Design Intent.

And that is just as far as sketching - you still haven't given any information or images about the part...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Sketch blocks look promising! I can create a different block for each corner "feature" to be placed inside of the sketch.

Sorry for not including an actual part. These geometries are just placed on rectangles of known sizes & gauge to be used as tool pathways on a mill 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report