Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create LED lighting strip render

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
diarmuid.bolandJJRTE
3872 Views, 7 Replies

Create LED lighting strip render

Hi, I am using Inventor studio and I am trying to add a lights to a strip on my model so that it resembles an LED light strip on the ceiling but I am having issues with getting a good light result. Can anyone advise what the best approach for this is, what type of lights should I use etc... Is there a way to array lights at a specific spacing rather that have to copy a light every time in studio?  I have attached an image showing where I want to add the light strip.

Looking forward to your comments

Regards Dee

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Can you zip and Attach files here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 8

Hi JD

See attached for my files and render image.

Message 4 of 8

Inventor sadly has a hard coded limit of 8 lights due to performance reasons..

To get around that you can simply model either a bar or individual light parts and use the "self-illumination" properties of an appearance added to those parts to simulate light coming out of that object....

Edit.. Seeing your models you are already doing that.. Just CRANK up the "Luminance" to whatever you find suitable..

Adjust color temp if needed... adjust part geometry as needed,etc...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 8

Thanks Mcgyvr.

I was wondering why I could not add any more lights! At least I was on the right track..

Message 6 of 8

I wonder if you managed to figure it out and if you've done what you wanted. I also thought about making an led strip, but then I realized that I didn't have enough knowledge for this and would have to spend a lot of time on various articles to figure out how to do it correctly. So I just bought strip lights in an online store because it's much easier than doing something myself. Moreover, I wanted such an led strip to hang around my room as quickly as possible. I've seen many bloggers from YouTube and TikTok have such things, so I also wanted one, and I think it isn't bad.

Message 7 of 8
admaiora
in reply to: RichardBrownnfDa

Hi,

a 5 yo clip I made. Hope in somehow can help you

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 8 of 8

Hi Admaiora, I think I did find your video when I was doing this. It was great, thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report