Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create drawing templates with specific BOMs

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
411 Views, 2 Replies

Create drawing templates with specific BOMs

I need to create a "part" drawing template, an "assembly" drawing template, and a "steel" drawing template all with different BOMs (in regard to the title and the default layer.) I can create the Parts list without a problem. my issue comes in when try to create a new standard and a new object default to use the new parts list. even after I create the items needed in the style editor, and saving them up to the style library, the items are not in the styles editor the next time I go to edit them (after a close of the drawing template.)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! Did you modify existing standards or create your own custom standards completely? If you modify the existing standards, you need to save the change back to Styles Library (Projects -> Use Style Library -> Read/Write; open the drawing template file -> Manage -> Style and Standard Editor -> Save).

If you create your own custom standards, not existing in the Style Library, the template styles should be honored. It will be a bug if it is not honored. Please share the template files here. You may want to consider save the custom standards to your Style Library also.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I created a new standard by copying our existing standard.
I think I found the solution in that I had to make the new standard active to save it, or right clocking on in and saving it to the style library was the fix.
I did both and one of them worked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report