Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create an assembly template that when used also creates the 1st part from another template

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
RichardLee3904
131 Views, 3 Replies

Create an assembly template that when used also creates the 1st part from another template

I frequently create a new assembly from a template, then immediately need to create the 1st part from another template.   Is there a way to create a template that does this for me, in other words, when I create a new assembly, it automatically spawns the 1st part at the same time,  and I can start editing the part right away?

RichardLee3904_0-1723144160954.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blandb
in reply to: RichardLee3904

Maybe check this with the customization forum?

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 3 of 4

While this topic is open and the diagram brings up a question for me. Those dots, the white and black, what do they represent? Thanks, Les

Message 4 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: ldutkaTUZ58

Hi! The black/white dot in the assembly browser indicates constraint status. When it is black, it means the component instance is fully grounded.

Regarding the assembly template, I don't think that will work. Inventor iam file wipes out all pre-existing links when starting from scratch. There is no way to create an iam/ipt set from scratch. Or you may create a set and simply copy and paste as a means to start from scratch.

I suspect you want to create local components (all components reside in one design document). Aside from reference import (AnyCAD), Inventor does not fully support it. You may want to look into Fusion. It supports more flexible modeling approaches.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report