Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a QR code for AR hololens 2

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jorick.ramet
784 Views, 3 Replies

Create a QR code for AR hololens 2

Hi
I'm using the ARES App for loading and manipulating OBJ files, it is possible to align an obj file (says the ARES app provider) from a QR code so that you can load your OBJ file true scanning the QR code.

What I want to be able to do is to create production plot plans from tanks or skids and put on paper scan the QR code linked to the OBJ file. So... instead of using my laptop or Navisworks to show the model just lay out the print scan QR and just Livestream it in the meeting room using the glasses.

But I also want to print out the QR code and go on site to do a site check of the skid or the tank fits.

It's similar to this video and I tried the CAD To AR plug in from AMC BRIDGE but it doesn't work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7uhOSMaCEg

Best Regards

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: jorick.ramet

Hi! This is a very interesting topic. I think you may want to contact CAD->AR vendor. Inventor does not play a role in the process of recognizing the QR code.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4
jorick.ramet
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi

No its not the role of inventor to recognizing the QR code indeed, but... is there any other plug in for inventor to create the QR en link it to an IPT or OBJ file ?

The AMC Bridge plugin for inventors is doing that, but when setting the 0.0.0 point on the QR created whit the plugin it won't launch and I think it's because I don't use the unity real engine to run it.

Best regards 

Message 4 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: jorick.ramet

Hi! The other QR code related app on Inventor App store is the following.

https://apps.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/en/Detail/Index?id=1195234686693454563&appLang=en&os=Win64

I am not sure if it is what you are looking for.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report