Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a custom mold plate and insert into the Mold Base

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
182 Views, 1 Reply

Create a custom mold plate and insert into the Mold Base

Hello everyone

I'm trying to create a custom "Bottom Clamping Plate", I can add it to the Content Center but I can not use it when I use the "Mold Base" command with the customize option, the inventor does not allow selecting a custom board.

At first I thought it might be some problem I had created, so I started to create a copy of an existing standard, but the problem still persists. See the Screencast for more information.

Does anyone know how I can work around this problem?

Is it possible to create a Mold Base from the beginning?

I know there is a "User Mold Base" option, but I need this mold to be in the content center.

see the Screencast for more information.

Best Regards

Jorge Luís de Andrade

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
MingweiGao
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello jorge-andrade,

This is a limitation and Mold cannot recognize the content outside from Mold libraries. We authored the components with some special attributes on some geometries. If you want the mold base in content center and create it from beginning, you still need to use the plates from mold libraries.

Here is the help document about Customize Mold Base:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2018/ENU/?guid=GUID-953691B7-2A2C-473B-88C9-11C9130ED9B2

Thanks,

Steven

Steven Gao

Sr. SQA Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report