Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crashing when creating a new file

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
leonard90
205 Views, 4 Replies

Crashing when creating a new file

Hi,

I've recently started a course in college which gives me access to inventor. I've downloaded it (windows user) and when I click 'CTRL+N' it gives me a pop up box called create new file, but nothing ever appears in the box and it crashes. Any ideas? 

I've seen things like maybe its a permissions thing or could be that it can't find the default templates, but i don't really know where to start.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BDCollett
in reply to: leonard90

Have you installed all the updates?

Message 3 of 5
leonard90
in reply to: BDCollett

I've not explicitly looked for updates, but I only installed it on Tuesday, I'd like to think it installed the latest version? And it instantly crashed when I tried to create new file. 

If I go file>new>part etc, I can use it. But the create new file pop up when I press CTRL+N is when I get the issue. 

Message 4 of 5
BDCollett
in reply to: leonard90

@leonard90 wrote:

I've not explicitly looked for updates, but I only installed it on Tuesday, I'd like to think it installed the latest version? And it instantly crashed when I tried to create new file. 

If I go file>new>part etc, I can use it. But the create new file pop up when I press CTRL+N is when I get the issue. 

Not always, and that crashing bug on new is a problem that was solved with a patch in 2023.

Using the Autodesk Desktop App, you should see if there are available updates.

Message 5 of 5
leonard90
in reply to: BDCollett

Updates through the desktop app have solved the problem! Thanks for the advice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report