Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Object does not update while dragging

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
miloszdominiak
349 Views, 6 Replies

Copy Object does not update while dragging

Hi. I placed two base parts in the assembly . Then I created in-place part, in which I used associative Composite Copy Object on the two base parts. Now, when I am dragging the base part, the orange Composite does not update its position until I release the mouse button. I want the Composite to update in real time when I am dragging the base part. Is this behavior possible?

Screencast: Copy Object | Search | Autodesk Knowledge Network

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

short answer: no...

inventor doesn't update during the drag.

you can hide the surface body for a better effect, or you can use sliders in a form (wich does update the part per increment you set)

Message 3 of 7

Can you make it work in Dynamic Simulation environment? It also does not update when playing the simulation.

Message 4 of 7

Hmm... i don't think so... why do you need that?

can you provide your files?

Message 5 of 7

I do not have any files yet. I am trying to make an adaptive part (torsion spring) that changes shape during the Dynamic Simulation.

Message 6 of 7

Hi! Indeed, dragging does not update the adaptive geometry immediately until it is released. You may want to use Drive constraint workflow. Create a Flush or Mate constraint between the two Base parts. Right-click on the constraint -> Drive -> check Adaptive. You will see the Adaptive part moves in the animation.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 7

Thank you for the reply. I know that I can drive the constraint, but I want the part to update during a Dynamic Simulation, which is not the case.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report