Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy and paste solid body

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
555 Views, 2 Replies

Copy and paste solid body

I want to copy a part body from one part file to another. Is this possible in inventor ? I am new to inventor so any help I get is greatly appreciated. 

For example this Solid 2 in below picture I want to copy this and use it in another new part file. Is it possible?

Capture.PNG

Or in the below picture I am in assembly modelling, In this assembly  I want to copy one part/solid (highlightend) as shown in the below picture and paste the same in new part file. Is this possible?

Capture_1.PNG

If anyone can help me with pictures would be really helpfull. thanks in advance 

Labels (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
SBix26
in reply to: Anonymous

I think it would be simplest to import your 3rd-party file into a new part file, excluding all the solid bodies except that one.  Does that make sense?  In the Import dialog, use the Select tab to choose the body you want to include.

Another possibility is to use Derive in the destination file, then break the link.

Do either of these do what you want?

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2022.0.1 | Windows 10 Home 20H2
LinkedIn

Message 3 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! Use Copy Object command (3D Model -> Modify -> expand the panel -> Copy Object).

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report