Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy and Paste Sketches No Longer Available?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
drlou
645 Views, 6 Replies

Copy and Paste Sketches No Longer Available?

I recently upgraded from Inventor 2020 to 2022, and am now unable to copy and paste sketches between assemblies and parts. Making mock ups of potential design choices is an important part of my job, and not being able to project complex geometries from assemblies onto a sketch, from which I am able to quickly generate parts is absolutely killing my productivity. It is disappointing because I am able to create the projected geometry sketch in the assembly, it allows me to copy this sketch, but I am no longer able to paste the sketch in a new part. Is there a work around for this? Is this just a bug that is being ironed out in a future update? What's the deal here?

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Gabriel_Watson
in reply to: drlou

In my 2022 Inv. I was able to create a sketch in the assembly level, copy it, open a part, create a sketch within a part, then paste within it the assembly's sketch content. Does that work for you instead of pasting the sketch "feature" as a whole?

Message 3 of 7
drlou
in reply to: Gabriel_Watson

Unfortunately, while trying it that way (which is also the way I always did it) there is no "paste" option that comes from the drop down menu.

Screenshot 2021-12-06 190505.png

Message 4 of 7
TheCADWhisperer

Do you have a Projected Loop?

Message 5 of 7
Gabriel_Watson

Screencast here: https://autode.sk/3IpDdrO

But also as JD implies above, if you have a projected loop (expand the sketch feature node in the browser to check), you may wish to try right-clicking and breaking that link first. I am not sure though if that's a reason for the copy to not go through.

Message 6 of 7
drlou
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

Nope, no projected loop. It just has a series of lines and a couple circles.
Message 7 of 7
drlou

Update 2022.2 fixed this issue, sorry for making a big deal of it. Consider is this topic closed, and thanks everyone for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report