Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Content Center Part to Normal - Vault Purposes

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
511 Views, 4 Replies

Convert Content Center Part to Normal - Vault Purposes

I am trying to convert a ContentCenter part to a normal part. We are working with a client on a project and when we pull a ContentCenter part, make our changes and then place it in their Vault, it isn't showing them the particular properties and info on it. Basically, it is showing them too much and they only want to see what they want to see. Note, I am just the iLogic guy and haven't used Vault or work with this client. I am not sure exactly if it is the iProperties or something else that is messing things up (i didnt get a great explanation of the issue), but heard "it basically doesnt play nicely with their Vault when it comes from ContentCenter". 

I have tried the solution from this link: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Invento...

I tried messing around with some of the variables like PartDocument to AssemblyDocument and others but I cannot stop getting errors. Here is the error i get from using the code from above:

Error in rule: Testing, in document: Assembly1

Unable to cast COM object of type 'Inventor._DocumentClass' to interface type 'Inventor.PartDocument'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{29F0D463-C114-11D2-B77F-0060B0F159EF}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

I have tried adding in the If statement that was commented out and still no beans. Any help is appreciated, let me know if i need to get more specific answers from the team with the problem.

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! There isn't a way to convert a CC part to a normal part. There is embedded meta data in the CC file. The only way to get rid of the meta data is probably recreating the file from scratch. You may be able to derive it or copy some features and paste them to the new part.

What is the data they don't want to see? Could you be more specific or share an example here?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 5
CGBenner
in reply to: johnsonshiue

@Anonymous 

Do you still need help with this issue?

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 4 of 5
Cris-Ideas
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi

when you mirror part in an assembly CC parts are converted to standard parts.

So if you do mirror twice, or if mirrored part is the same as original (symmetrical), you end up with standard parts instead of CC.

In general when part is copied or mirrored in assembly there are new parts (and assemblies) created basing on "standard" templates and not CC templates.

But you are not able to revers this conversion.

Cris.

Cris,
https://simply.engineering
Message 5 of 5
Cris-Ideas
in reply to: Cris-Ideas

I think "copy" instead of "mirror" can also work.

Cris.

Cris,
https://simply.engineering

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report