Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control lineweight & type in 2d drawing views

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
248 Views, 1 Reply

Control lineweight & type in 2d drawing views

Hi i need some help with getting my drawings to display correctly in Inventor 2021. Im coming from Solid edge where i can control the linetype, weight and visibility of every part  assembly from the 2d drawing environment. I'm unsure on if  I can get this same sort of control in the Inventor package. 

The solid edge system also allows me the ability to show hidden edges only on certain components rather than an entire view. 

An example i can think of for this is an elevation, Typically i may want to bring in steelwork as a phantom linetype, The handrail as a centerline and then my mechanical item in full weight with hidden line also.  

If anyone could direct me to some good training material on what m trying to do that woudl be great. Ive been investigating view reps but that doesnt seem to get me to my end goal.

Thank you 

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
SBix26
in reply to: Anonymous

Line types and weights are controlled by Layers, which are assigned to various objects (visible lines, hidden lines, dimension lines, etc.).  These can be easily modified in the Style and Standard Editor.

Hidden edge display is possible per component by right clicking on the relevant component under the view in the browser and selecting Hidden Lines.

Phantom lines are automatically assigned to components whose BOM Structure is set to Reference.

I hope that gets you started.

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2022 | Windows 10 Home 2004
LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report