Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Centre Part Numbering

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
225 Views, 2 Replies

Content Centre Part Numbering

Hello,

I have set our content centre up to automatically detail the steel, for example tthe stock number will change on placement to RSA 40x40x3 - 785, we use this to create an automatic cutting list, however, our purchasing system is now changing and I need the part number not the stock number to change to this!, no matter what I do the parts just name themselves - RSA 17 etc, could anyone give me a clue on how to automatically change these to the correct decsription and length?

Many Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

Inventor version?

Are you using frame generator?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

If you are using Frame Generator, the file names are generated by the system as a combination of "Stock Number" and an automatically generated number, to avoid duplicate file names.  As you are setting up your Frame design, there is a check box that allows you to edit file names as the parts are generated, but you can't really control it through the Content Center.  Your Content Center setup should work on parts that you place manually. 

frame.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report