Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
RGarnerN3RFL
303 Views, 1 Reply

Content Center?

First of all, I know very little about modifying content center. I have not found much in the way of tutorials in that area to learn from. Anyhow, I have a part that I did not create in content center. The part is an custom aluminum extrusion. What I would like to change is how the part number and description in generated. The part is created by specifying the length of the extrusion in inches. I am ok with that. But I would the part number to show the length in feet and the description to have the length in feet. I saved the part outside of the project file. I then added a user parameter to the model to take the length and divide it by 12. I then replaced the family template with my modified version of the model. Now I would like to use my new model parameter to generate the part number and description. When I go to the family table into the part number column. I go to the column properties then to the expression line for the part number. I click on the box to the right with the three dots, and my new user parameter does not show up. Any ideas? What am I missing?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
SharkDesign
in reply to: RGarnerN3RFL

You need to map it. 

Create a new column in the family table. 

Then come out of that.

Right click the family and edit family properties.

Then map the parameter to the column name:

jameswillo_0-1635365863231.png

Expert Elite
  Inventor Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report