Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center Update/Migration Question

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
jacobhTE66Z
1058 Views, 8 Replies

Content Center Update/Migration Question

Hi All,

Question about migrating content center between releases.

Scenario: I recently/unintentionally upgrade my vault basic server to 2024. As such I'm trying to make some edits to some of the content center parts and having issues from 2023.

Question: If I use the library update tool to update my custom content center to 2024, will it disable it for the 2023 inventor users?

I'm pretty new to the this facet of inventor/vault, so any advice would be appreciated!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jaimin.ja.3
in reply to: jacobhTE66Z

When you upgrade your Vault Basic Server to a newer release, the Content Center libraries will also be upgraded to the new release. This means that you may need to update your custom Content Center parts to ensure compatibility with the new release.

Using the library update tool to update your custom Content Center to 2024 should not disable it for 2023 Inventor users. However, it is important to note that once the library is updated to a new release, it may not be backward compatible with previous releases of Inventor.

In general, it is recommended that you maintain compatibility with the oldest version of Inventor that you need to support. So, if you have users who are still using 2023, you may want to consider keeping a separate copy of the custom Content Center libraries for that release.

Also, before updating your Content Center libraries, it is important to make sure you have a backup of the current libraries, so you can easily revert back to the previous version if needed.

Message 3 of 9
jacobhTE66Z

Ah, good to know. Thank you.

I created a copy of the library and did the update to it. I now have a 2023 and a 2024 version of the library. The original library shows up in Inventory 2023 and the 2024 library only shows in 2024. Is this a normal behavior? I assumed they'd both show up in at least one of the inventor versions?

Message 4 of 9
johnsonshiue

Hi Jacob,

CC libraries are release specific. You should never use the same idcl files between multiple Inventor releases. It will not work.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 9
Frederick_Law

Vault and IV need to be same version.

So you can't run different version of IV with Vault.

Different version files should in different folders.  They cannot get mixed up.

Old version IV cannot use newer version files, period.

Without Vault and good file management, you can run multiple version of IV on same computer.

You cannot have different versions IV running at the same time.

Beside CC library and files, templates, Style Library, Design Data should be in different folders for different version IV.

Message 6 of 9
lkirit2000
in reply to: jaimin.ja.3

Hi

How to make a backup of a custom current library?

Thanks
Message 7 of 9
jaimin.ja.3
in reply to: lkirit2000

here is the path of custom current library.

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor 2023\Content Center\Libraries

Message 8 of 9
lkirit2000
in reply to: jaimin.ja.3

Hi

How to make back up of current content centre library?

Thanks 

Message 9 of 9
Frederick_Law

Content Center Library is installed with IV.

It will upgrade with each IV version.

Don't really need to back it up.

That's why it's recommended to copy to custom library if you want to change anything in CC.

Current location is in Application Options -> Content Center.

Also in Project -> Folders.

There is another copy in: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor xxxx\Content Center\Libraries

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report