Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center problems with thread

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1213 Views, 6 Replies

Content Center problems with thread

I am customizing the content center in Inventor using the standard parts as a base. The issue is that when I insert one of the custom screws into Inventor, this message appears: unable to successfully update the member part file. problem occurred when setting thread data

I do have a custom thread.xls (Common threads show as being without the thread pitch in the name) and thinking this was an issue, I removed the thread pitch from the name of the thread designations for the common screws (e.g. M16 x #) but it still gives the error and applies an ANSI Metric M Profile M1.6 regardless. 

I use Inventor 2018.2.3

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! I suspect this could be related to the custom thread table. Maybe there are missing columns or cell values. Please share the thread table there so forum experts can take a look. Is the \Design Data\ folder option in the Project setting pointing to the right path?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi, thanks for the response

I have attached the thread.xls file to this post. Only thing I have modified in the file is that the ISO pipe threads and the ISO Metric profile threads for common sizes to not show the pitch in the description.

The project file point to the correct design data folder, indeed.

Message 4 of 7
johnsonshiue

Hi Adam,

I took a quick look at the thread.xls. I don't see anything wrong. Could you share the CC part here? I would like to work with the project team to understand the issue better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I have attached the excel file for the content center part and one bolt from that excel file. It does contain an error in the thread feature. Thanks!

Message 6 of 7
jan_priban

Hello,

First of all create cylinder and try to apply your thread on cylindrical face.

Make sure, your Thread.xls has all sheets you need, every thread type ~ excel sheet

Screw1.jpgThread_xls.jpg

Make sure you have correct mapping on Family Properties dialog, correct data in Family Table.

EditorMapping.jpg

Regards

Jan Priban

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: jan_priban

Upon further investigation, the issue was the naming of the threads and while I had altered the names in the content center family table, it didn't update in the model because I had the screw saved in the content center local folder so it took the screw from there instead of from content center. 

Thanks for the assistance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report