Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center parts - Release, or not to release them all in Vault

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mwr_Danstoker
223 Views, 1 Reply

Content Center parts - Release, or not to release them all in Vault

Can you release all the variations of a Content Center part in Vault? - Inventor 2021 and Vault 2021

Ex of a problem:

Standard tube, ipart in Content Center as Ø100mm, varies between 1mm and 1000mm with 1mm increments. 

That creates 1000 possibilities for a Ø100mm tube. 

Can you make the 1000 different tubes simultaneously, instead of releasing them one by one, because they have not been created before?

It could also be that I think it the wrong way and instead should solve a Non-Compliant Equivalence for our Content Center files. 

The Non-Compliant Equivalence is in regard to the Revision of each Content Center part. I just cannot see a solution to the revision problem for Content Center parts.

Labels (4)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CGBenner
in reply to: mwr_Danstoker

@mwr_Danstoker 

Hi, this is my opinion.  Since most Content Center parts are standard and/or purchased components, I might not bother releasing them.  Those components in the CC to be used by Frame Generator or Routed Systems like Tube & Pipe will generate custom part files.  Since these are likely unique to an individual design, they would be easy to add to your standard Release policy.

Different companies view this same question differently, so mine is only one possible answer.  

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report