Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content center - local file to Vault library

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1797 Views, 8 Replies

Content center - local file to Vault library

Hello!

I've got a content center library, lets call it "library1".

During this summer, I've been working with that library in desktop-mode, since I had limited network connection.

I've created a new component, that's in library1 - local edition. When I switch to Vault server as access options for my content center part, I can no longer access this part, wich seems kinda logic. 

My question is: Is it possible to move that new part from library1 - local to library1 - Vault?

I've tried the library transfer tool, but it won't let me upload library1, since the library already exists in Vault.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Cadmanto
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you seen this link from the help file?  It gives step by step instructions on how to get your library setup.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/vault-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/EN...

Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2018

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 9
Marco.Takx

Hi @Anonymous,

Copy the generated content center file from your local location to the Vault location.

By default is the location (see attachment)

1.jpg

If you have overruled the location in your project file (hier you also find the location for your Vault Project file) you can find it hier:

2.jpg

If my post answers your question Please use  Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution & Give Kudos!Kudos This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Met vriendelijke groet | Kind regards | Mit freundlichem Gruß

Marco Takx
CAM Programmer & CAM Consultant

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

Thanks for the reply.

I've seen that link. It tells me how to handle libraries, not library content. I want to move a component from an offline library to a online library with the same name

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Marco.Takx

Hi, thanks for replying!

The offline location and the online location is the same in my case.

I want to add it to the content center library, not the content center library folder.

Message 6 of 9
Cadmanto

Publishing parts into the CC is not difficult.  I would just copy from the one to the other and call it a day.

Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2018

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

@Cadmanto wrote:

Publishing parts into the CC is not difficult.  I would just copy from the one to the other and call it a day.

Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
@Anonymous i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2018

Well, sure, but that's not what I'm asking about.

To redo the component to the new library is probably a ~8h job. It's a quite complicated model with alot of different parameters and expressions. 

I feel like there have to be an easy way to move your content center files components to an offline library, to an online library. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

I solved it by myself.

Solution: Create a new library with a unique name. Copy the content center part to that library.

Use the library transfer tool to Vault the new library. Switch over to Vault access instead of desktop. Copy the part from the new library to the library I wanted it in. Delete the new library via the server.

Message 9 of 9
Cadmanto

Glad you solved it.

FYI, I was not suggesting recreate the part.  Figured you already had it created and stored in your working space.  I was suggesting what you outlined and figured out.

Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2018

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report