Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center Libraries not availible after update

33 REPLIES 33
SOLVED
Message 1 of 34
ANDYPITT1573
4025 Views, 33 Replies

Content Center Libraries not availible after update

I updated inventor to 2022, but now I can't access any content center libraries.

ANDYPITT1573_0-1627377869565.png

The default libraries are listed as "Not available", and my custom ones are "read only" even though I've set "Use Style Library" to "Read-Write"

I have tried to to install the 2022 content centre libraries, but when I try to modify the installation all I get is this:

ANDYPITT1573_1-1627378021727.png

When I navigate to the default folder, It's empty.

I saw reference to launching setup.exe from the install folder, but when I look for it I can't find it.

Does anyone have any advice for how to 

1. Get the updated 2022 content centre libraries
  2. Update my custom libraries

Thanks!

33 REPLIES 33
Message 2 of 34
CGBenner
in reply to: ANDYPITT1573

@ANDYPITT1573 

Hi.  In your first image, of the project, look in the lower right corner, the icon with the yellow lightning bolt.  Try running that utility to migrate your libraries to the new release.... hopefully that will do the trick.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 34
ANDYPITT1573
in reply to: CGBenner

Hello, I'm afraid I tried that already. It just throws an error saying that all the libraries are up to date or read only.

ANDYPITT1573_0-1627394680169.png

Message 4 of 34
SharkDesign

Did you go to z/drawings/blocks/Cc Etc as shown in the picture using windows explorer. Are the libraries actually in that location?

Expert Elite
  Inventor Certified Professional
Message 5 of 34
ANDYPITT1573
in reply to: SharkDesign

Hello, Yes I have, the libraries are all there. I know that the 2021 files can't be used by Inventor 2022, but I thought the migration Wizard would sort that out? 

ANDYPITT1573_0-1627401887870.png

Message 6 of 34
CGBenner

@ANDYPITT1573 

Your Inventor install screen seems to be indicating that the 2022 libraries were installed.  Do you know where these reside?  If, try changing your library path to that location, just to see if you can then set the libraries in the project.  If that works, you may be able to simply move the new library files to the shared drive and use them.  I still don't know why your custom libraries are saying read only.  I did notice that your library location is under the project location.  usually I see the CC location set to just above the Project location.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 7 of 34
ANDYPITT1573
in reply to: CGBenner

I've looked, but I can't find them in the install directory. Not only that, but when I go into control panel and look at the list of installed programs, I can see the 2021 library there but not the 2022 one.

Is it important to move the content center? At the moment its location makes the most sense, within the existing file structure, but it can be moved if necessary.
Message 8 of 34
johnsonshiue

Hi! If you rely on the standard CC libraries, you will need to install 2022 CC Libraries. If you have custom libraries, you will need to migrate them to 2022.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 9 of 34
A.Acheson
in reply to: johnsonshiue

@ANDYPITT1573 

I notice you have your library files in a network location and likely the 2022 files if installed would be located in the default location 

1. Check if the Location of Libraries is pointing to the right folder (By default, it is C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor 20xx\Content Center\Libraries\😞

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Inven...

You will likely need the 2022 files in the same folder and then migrate the libraries. 

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan
Message 10 of 34
msansom

I'm having a similar problem. After upgrading to Inventor 2022 from 2021, my custom content center library is not available. I have verified that the .idcl file for my library is located in the location listed by both the project file and the application options (same location). In the picture, you can see the Projects and Configure Libraries screens, as well as the notification that pops up when I click the highlighted button.

msansom_1-1631030681831.png

Message 11 of 34
johnsonshiue
in reply to: msansom

Hi! I believe you are using Vault to manage the idcl files. You will need to check your Vault setting and see where the idcl files are supposed to be.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 12 of 34
rhkoncepts

Hi, I've recently updated to 2022. 

When I click on the "place from contents centre" icon nothing happens at all. I can use "place component" ok. Also if I try to configure a "spring" or a "timing belt" etc, nothing happens. The same when I try to start a machining job with InventorCAM, the "set up" command does nothing and it fails to find the "tool library".

The CC libs are all there and the path is correct. This has wasted days of my time and I still can't machine anything.

To make matters worse, if I uninstall all the 2022 software to revert back to 2021, the install fails.

Any help would be most welcome.

RHK

Message 13 of 34
SBix26
in reply to: rhkoncepts

@rhkoncepts wrote:

Hi, I've recently updated to 2022. 

To make matters worse, if I uninstall all the 2022 software to revert back to 2021, the install fails.

Any help would be most welcome.

RHK

Uninstalling Inventor 2022 will not "revert" to Inventor 2021.  Each version of Inventor is its own application (I always have at least four versions installed on my computer).  Therefore, uninstalling Inventor 2022 does that and nothing more.

As for your Content libraries, there are two locations specified in Application Options: one for the location of the libraries, and another for the destination of the generated files.  The Default Content Center files location is the latter, where the generated files end up (and can be overridden by your active project); the Location of Libraries: path is the former.  If you already know this and have checked it, my apologies.  Perhaps screen shots from File Explorer showing libraries, and the Content Center tab in your Application Options would suggest something that you may have missed...?

Sam B

Inventor Pro 2022.2 | Windows 10 Home 21H2
autodesk-expert-elite-member-logo-1line-rgb-black.png

Message 14 of 34

Hi I had the same issue, turns out that the .ipj file needs to be writable (checked out of vault). And Libraries need to be read write in order to update legacy libs. The location on network server does not make any difference.

Aleksander Myklebust
Message 15 of 34

Hi! I have the same issue after downloading Inventor 2023. 

Can you help me and tell me what is .ipj file and where should I look for it? I don't use Vault. 

Message 16 of 34

Hi, the ipj file is the Inventor Project file.

While in the home menu area, without any files open.

Enter : ctrl+o or select open file from top left of your screen.

In the open file dialogue look for the projects button down right (see picture)

Aleksander Myklebust
Message 17 of 34

Patrick_DB_0-1667820239952.png

Patrick_DB_1-1667820325805.png

---------------------------
Content Center
All libraries in the current Content Center Library configuration are up-to-date or read-only.
OK

Libraries are in the folder, still not avialable?

Regards
Patrick

Message 18 of 34
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Patrick_DB

Hi! Please make sure the CC Library folder is set to Read&Writeable. If it still does not work, you may need to run Inventor.exe as Admin. Somehow your Windows user profile blocks Inventor.exe from accessing the files in the folder.

Right-click on the Inventor desktop icon -> Properties -> Compatibility -> check "Run as Admin."

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 19 of 34
BDCollett

Are the 2023 library files from the 2023 install or are they present there from a previous version?

Each version of Inventor needs its own version of the standard libraries.

The fact that the custom libraries are available, and work would suggest this is the problem.

Message 20 of 34
Patrick_DB

Thanks for the reply
Tried it all, same problem
Also tried to put the library in a different folder and then link. Run as admin and folders read/write. Inventor reinstalled. Not solved

Regards
Patrick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report