Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content center editor

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
178 Views, 2 Replies

Content center editor

Hi,

I creating elbow in content center for Din sandard. i already created the content center with different materials. initially we dont know the material properties but just simply we created later we knows the material properties i updated in style library but those properties is not updated content center data. so how to update the value in content center

Mallesh
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
harco
in reply to: Anonymous

Generate a part from your CC and save it.
Edit the material style in that part and save.
Go to content centre editor.
Replace family template with the new part.
If this doesn't work report it to ADESK.
Message 3 of 3
Huan.Yu_Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Mallesh,

If I understand you correctly,you are doing:
1)Set Use style library=Yes in project editor
2)Create your own material style in Styles Editor and save the new style to style library
3)Create your elbow in CC Editor and apply it with your newly created material
4)Use the elbow to create assembly and save
5)In Style Editor,modify the properties of your material and save it to style library
6)Back to your assembly and do refresh standard components to try to update your elbow.
You can't,only see message saying all CC parts are up-to date.The elbow in the assembly still has the old material properties.This is the problem.Correct?
To resolve this,please before step 6,open CC Editor and open the family table of the elbow,open the column properties dialog of Material column and reselect your material and OK,Apply your changes and refresh.
Then if you do step 6,you will successfully refresh your assembly with updated material properties for your elbow.

That is to say,you have to re-publish your modified material info in CC Editor so as to update your assembly.

Please let me know if this helps.

BTW,we don't support changing material by replace family template.

Thanks,
Huan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report