Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center Editor Ribbon

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
387 Views, 10 Replies

Content Center Editor Ribbon

Something is wrong with the content center editor in 2020, the button ribbon is hidden behind the table.

You can just barely see the buttons there at the top.

CC Editor.PNG

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Turns out part of the table is out of window as well

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

Anyone have any idea why huge amounts of this window is not visible?

I really need to work with these things.

Even when I can get it to open in Excel there seems to be columns missing.

Message 4 of 11
johnsonshiue

Hi! The behavior does not look right to me. The dialog should be resizable. You may want to use Inventor Reset Utility to reset back to install default (All Programs -> Autodesk -> Inventor xxxx -> Tools -> Inventor Reset Utility). Or, edit the table in Excel for the time being.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 11
jan_priban
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hello,

unfortunately there was issue with Family Table dialog (grid) in R 2020 RTM. Family Table dialog was not modal, could lose focus and become unresponsive in some cases. It has been fixed and if you can, please update to R 2020.1 where it is fixed = Family Table dialog (Content Center family grid) is modal dialog and can't lose focus. I think it is your case. Please update. 

Regards

Jan Priban

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: jan_priban

It is fully up to date, I ran the reset utility, and I think it actually made it worse.

It is further off screen and not resizable.

Also it appears that columns are missing when it does open in excel, the first column is D, and it won't scroll over.

The content center manager says that there are blank fields that it doesn't like, But I can't see them to fix it in the editor or excel.

This computer is two months old, and it's a fresh install of inventor.

Message 7 of 11
jan_priban

Hello,

do you use height DPI (screen resolution) or 4K monitor? To me it seems to be related to DPI. Please try to change monitor/screen DPI. Is it reproducible for all families table?

Jan Priban

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

Yes it is all tables, quite annoying.

But you might be on to something there, I am running a 43" 4K TV off of a laptop. 

I'll try playing with that a bit, but why would the screen resolution affect a table?

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

OK So yes that appears to be part of it. I've discovered that it is the content center manager window needs to be on the laptop screen (Both are set to 4K), regardless of where inventor is, or which screen the table opens on.

Message 10 of 11
jan_priban

Hello,

glad to see it works now, based on your post I retested family table dialog on 4K monitor with Inventor R 2019 and all was fine, but it was only 1 monitor connected to PC

20190820_194534.jpg

Regards

Jan Priban

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

Well I mean it works as long as I keep the CC window on the laptop, which isn't my usual work space.

So yes it's good that there is a workaround, but there is still definitely a problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report