Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constraints or snaps

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
318 Views, 3 Replies

Constraints or snaps

Would you please be so kind as to tell me if Inventor can: If not can autocad?

Create a line by entering XYZ start, angle, and length.

Create circle centered on the line (not the midpoint, just centered),  and tangent to an arc, then enter diameter.

Create a circle tangent to a line and tangent to an arc and then enter diameter.

I would deeply appreciate your help

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I've added two files to help you  understand what I'm trying to draw. It seems simple to me but it is proving difficult to find a package that can draw it.

Would you please be so kind as to tell me if Inventor can: If not can autocad?

Create an angled line by entering XYZ starting point, then an angle, and length. I'm hoping this is no problem. It's the next two that are proving a problem,

Create circle with it's center on the line, and tangent to an arc, then enter a diameter.

Create a circle tangent to a line and tangent to an arc and then enter diameter.

If youu cut out the picture you can make one. It's a container for plant that release the root ball with out damage.

I patented it Aug 22 and have been trying to get the right CAD package ever since.

I would deeply appreciate your help

Thank you

Dean

Message 3 of 4
freegoodkharma
in reply to: Anonymous

Since your post is right after mine, I will reply in the affirmative. just about any Autodesk AutoCAD or Inventor program could do what you need to do.  Perhaps not in the way that you are thinking about doing it though.  Very rarely do you start drawing a line from a xyz coordinate.  Snaps reminds me of AutoCAD for DOS R13. Usually one would start on just one plane.  Your part seems very 2 dimensional therefore it would be altogether easier.  I was not able to open your .dwg file but from your image I was able to make this rendition.

Yours truly,

Carl T.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: freegoodkharma

Thank you for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report